AWS DevOps Engineer
The DevOps Engineer will work directly with one of our technology-based client together with their Infrastructure and Software Engineering teams to build scalable, secure and efficient cloud infrastructure in AWS and train and guide the organization in DevOps practices. The right candidate views every day as an opportunity to develop new skills and is highly motivated by a need to continuously expand their knowledge to improve themselves and the organization. The right candidate will have a strong desire to be involved in, and inform, discussions related to the design of new services and be dedicated to delivering efficient and secure solutions to meet defined business requirements.
The candidate must work well across multiple teams of differing technical abilities and have a strong desire to learn from and teach individuals operating within different disciplines. The candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with a large scope of responsibility and demanding goals. The right candidate will be able to define and present a plan, build consensus and drive decisions and actions towards project milestones without supervision.
Build AWS solutions and be able to think holistically about engineering challenges and architecture.
- Assist in the design, implementation and maintenance of the CI/CD Pipeline to accelerate build, test, and deploy operations.
- Automate system design and implementation in terms of Infrastructure Creation/Configuration.
- Develop automation scripts for application deployments.
- Work with the development team to deploy code artifacts & releases through development to Production environments.
- Build and maintain operational tools for application logging, application monitoring, and analysis of AWS infrastructure and systems.
- Design and implement monitoring reports/dashboards to identify actionable metrics toimprove production support, future architecture efforts, and identify
- security-related issues.
- Support customer on-boarding into the SaaS environment through provision of resources, accounts, network connections, and other technical configurations.
- Be our AWS expert, keeping up to date with the latest services and features, advising team members on how they might be utilized, and keeping up a comprehensive understanding of the systems we have in place.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a DevOps or related role.
- A strong background in Linux systems, including shell scripting and performance tuning.
- In-depth understanding and experience working with AWS services: API Gateway, S3, EC2, RDS, Lambda, CloudFront, CloudWatch etc.
- Experience with automated build pipelines using CI/CD tools such as: AWS Codepipeline/Codedeploy, Jenkins,, etc.
- Experience with container management & orchestration utilizing AWS ECS or EKS.
- Experience using the Serverless Framework to deploy and manage aws resources.
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-a-Code with one or more of the following infrastructure provisioning & configuration management tools:
- CloudFormation, Terraform or others (chef).
- Excellent organizational, time management, project management, analytical, and problem-solving skills, with the ability to concurrently perform multiple tasks.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and driven to bring solutions to problems.