Waterfield Tech is looking for Field Technicians in Iowa City, IA, Albuquerque or Santa Fe, NM, and Newark, NJ.
Responsible for proficient performance of all phases of Avaya PBX and peripheral pre-cut/post-cut installations. Prior experience performing Moves/Adds/Changes on Avaya Communication Manager systems with little or no technical assistance. Strong technical knowledge of IP Office and Communication Manager. Must have a practical understanding of basic database, basic wiring, networking, telephones, and trunking associated with the traditional and converged telephone systems. Must be able to perform local and remote software changes and repair procedures using appropriate technical documentation. The position will be servicing customers in the branch service area or possibly site dedicated at a customer site.
- Perform station routing, troubleshooting, testing, repair, and preventative maintenance of system/station equipment.
- Perform Moves/Adds/Changes and installation of products.
- Keep management informed of unusual maintenance problems and user response to repairs and general services.
- Prepare and maintain related records of work performed. Assist in training of less experienced technicians.
- Perform other related duties as directed by management.
- Qualified applicants will possess the following:
- Certificate/Technical training degree in telecommunications or electronics. CTP Certification is preferred.
- 4-5 years of telephone/PBX and computer hardware/software installation, MAC, convergence, and service experience.
- Avaya Communications Manager experience and certification preferred.
- A complete understanding of personal computers and data applications is required, and the ability to read schematics and operate various kinds of data and electronic test equipment is highly desirable.
- Performs installations of Network equipment to enable IP telephony solutions
- Possess a valid driver’s license
Essential Job Functions
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Some of the main requirements are listed below:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to perform repetitive motion type work.
- Must be able to climb, lift heavy equipment, squat, bend, and sit for a prolonged period of time.
- Must be willing to travel as required.
If you’re ready to grow your career in an energetic, customer-focused environment. Waterfield may be looking for you!
Send Email with Resume